Tuesday, 19 November 2013

nose singing



nose singing

you may think ''why the hell nose singing'' weeeeell because I have to sing a couple of phrases. It is not much but because I really like to sing so its fun. The song is treasure by Bruno Mars. I need to sing it with some more kids and we also need to dance on that song.

So after the lesson I had a lot compliments (A LOT) even though I dont think I can sing that good (so it made me feel blessed). And after school there was this kid (sorry no names (it was a girl)) and she said to me I was good but that I sing though my nose (or something). So I stood there whithout nowing how you could possibly sing THROUGH your actual nose. So I gave it a trie... I blew more snot out then actual notes (sing things youno)... It wasn't a success. 

Now (not for you for me) I am chatting with a nice girl from class, and she says that that girl sings through her nose... And now its confusing for me.... WHO IS RIGHT RIGHT?!....  

let me know what you think and if you know what nose singing is and how it works please tell me




loes



1 comment:

  1. Hi Loes!
    I'm not a singing teacher and even a singer, although sometimes I sang with bass voice in a chorus. But I have knowledge of physics and physiology and I will try to make use of them.
    Singing with the nose should mean produce sounds using also the nasal passages and sinuses as places of resonance. The resonance has the effect of reinforcing (amplifying) some particular frequencies or harmonics. As an example of resonance we can cite the 'sounding' of the guitar, violin, or double bass: if it were not for the soundboard, the sound produced by the vibration of the string would become faint, metallic and ungainly.
    It has been shown that in fact projecting the sound output also towards the nose do not get resonance, but 'anti-resonance', ie an attenuation of certain frequencies, which effectively reduces the sound (the same thing that happens in the mufflers of cars). Thus, two main consequences, both negative: significant reduction of emissions in terms of loudness (volume loss), and reduction of harmonics (ugly impoverishment of the quality of timbre, sound 'closed').
    Nose singing is therefore a defect that poses limits to our vocal setting in addition to those that already are our natural limits and therefore it should be avoided... But this is not true for everyone! We like some nasal voices just for this feature :) In Italy we have for example Eros Ramazzotti, who is a "nose singer" :)

    ReplyDelete